Taking Advantage of Trends in Home Construction
When investing in a custom or semi-custom home, it’s one thing to take advantage of new trends in home design and construction, and quite another to infuse your design with trendy elements. As a premier builder of custom homes in Atlanta, Highlight Homes advises our homebuyers to incorporate the most timeless among the latest trends, while keeping those “chic” components to interior design alone.
While trends in home design are often the result of innovation in home building – such as green construction and the incorporation of technology throughout the home, up-to-date and stylish aspects can be expressed effectively in ways that are a little easier to change. It’s simple to follow the latest trends in home décor through things like paint colors, light fixtures, wall art, accent pieces, rugs, throw pillows and more. As for staying on top of trends in home construction, here are just a few that we highly recommend from Realtor® Magazine’s “21 Hot Housing Trends for 2015”:
- Open floorplans – this trend in home design and construction appears to be here to stay, and we’re thrilled. Open floorplans is one trend that we have embraced wholeheartedly at Highlight Homes as we love the sense of spaciousness and seamless flow between one living space and the next.
- Off-the-shelf plans – purchasing plans from a house plan company is a less expensive alternative to hiring an architect to design an original home on your behalf. With part of the money you save, you can work with a builder like Highlight Homes to tweak those plans and incorporate elements that are uniquely your own.
- Multiple master suites – Another growing trend, dual master suites are an excellent option for homes that include multiple generations such as aging parents/grandparents or grown children. They also make excellent guest quarters for homeowners who love to entertain and welcome guests for extended stays. Highlight Homes has incorporated a second master suite into a number of our luxury renovations and semi-custom homes.
- Storage space – Innovative use of space to combat the need for more storage is a smart trend for most families. Built-in bookcases with cabinets at the base and window seats with hidden storage are often overlooked options that are easy to incorporate in nearly any room of the house.
- White kitchens – Every time we create a white kitchen – whether in a custom home or as part of a luxury renovation – it’s always a crowd-pleaser (one of our white kitchens even made the cover of AJC’s Home Finder). We were not surprised to learn this one made Realtor Magazine’s list. White kitchens are crisp, clean, exude luxury and give the impression of spaciousness.
- Outdoor living spaces – Another popular choice among Highlight Homes’ clients, the trend toward the extension of living spaces to the outdoors continues to grow, according to Realtor Magazine. From pools with cabanas to covered porches equipped with weatherproof flat screen TVs and stacked stone outdoor fireplaces, there are countless ways to make an outdoor living space fit the collective needs and personalities of your family members.
To incorporate any of these trends – or start a few of your own – in a new custom home or whole home luxury renovation, contact the talented team at Highlight Homes today. We can be reached by calling 678-873-9234. To learn more about Highlight Homes – including a chance to view other custom homes and luxury renovations in our online portfolio – please visit us at www.highlighthomesga.com.