Pantone® Unveils the Hottest Color Trends for Spring 2012
Fashion designers the world over have long influenced what’s considered “en vogue” in interior design. To that end, many famed fashion designers like Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, and Donna Karan often cross over between fashion and interiors with bedding, paint colors, furniture collections, and more. For over 18 years, Pantone, the global authority on color, has surveyed the designers of the renowned New York Fashion Week and beyond to bring the season’s most important color trends to light. In their most recent Fashion Color Report, Pantone® reveals the most prominent hues for spring 2012.
Spring and summer are both wonderful seasons to color your world – from a vibrant shower curtain in the guest bathroom or a trendy duvet in the master bedroom, to a brand new piece of multihued artwork in the living room or pops of color via accent walls all over the house. Use the most popular colors from Pantone’s Fashion Color Report as inspiration. To help you get started, here is a list from the experts at Pantone of the most fashionable shades and suggestions for the season:
- Provocative Tangerine Tango (Pantone 17-1463), an enticing juicy orange, is a vivacious and appealing refresher to enliven anyone’s outlook this spring.
- Providing a jolt of energy, Solar Power (PANTONE 13 – 0759) radiates warmth and cheer.
- Fanciful Bellflower (PANTONE 18-3628), a distinct ornamental purple, exudes uniqueness and creativity.
- Scintillating and sexy, Cabaret (PANTONE 18-2140) is a sensual and intense rosy-red.
- Sodalite Blue (PANTONE 19-3953), a classic maritime hue, brings order and calmness to mind. Like an anchor to a ship, this dependable shade works with every color in the palette.
- Cockatoo (PANTONE 14-5420), a tactile blue-green, is sure to make your spirits soar. This unusual hue adds a whimsical touch to the palette and will make a statement this spring.
- Margarita (PANTONE 14- 0116), a piquant yellow-green, lifts spirits with its refreshing and stimulating glow.
- Reminiscent of a blossoming garden on an early spring morning, fragrant Sweet Lilac (PANTONE 14 -2808) evokes the fresh scents of summer. This delicate pinkish lilac adds a touch of romance to any room.
- Natural, versatile neutrals add practicality to this season’s brights. Driftwood (PANTONE 18-1210), an adaptable blend of beige and gray with a slightly weathered feel, and Starfish (PANTONE 16-1120), a perfect warm summer neutral, complement all colors featured in this season’s top 10.
- For an ultra-bold look this spring, try mixing Bellflower with Tangerine Tango and Cabaret. Combine Margarita with Sweet Lilac and Cockatoo for a subtle alternative, or Margarita with Sweet Lilac and Driftwood for a more practical variation. Solar Power is best juxtaposed with Sodalite Blue, and for a safer bet, add a natural neutral like Starfish to the mix.
To broaden the scope of your home rejuvenation with a full-on, fun home renovation, call the design-build team at Highlight Homes at 678-873-9234 TODAY! To learn more about Highlight Homes, visit us online at www.highlighthomesga.com!
About Pantone®: PANTONE, LLC – an X-rite company (NASDAQ: XRIT) – is THE global authority on color and provider of professional color standards for the design industries for almost 50 years, providing design professionals with products and services for the colorful exploration and expression of creativity. Always a source for color inspiration, Pantone also offers designer-inspired products and services for consumers. More information is available at www.pantone.com.
Image and Color Source: Pantone.com http://www.pantone.com/pages/fcr.aspx?pg=20910&ca=4