Adding Special Luxury Elements to Your Home Renovation
Just as you would add a beautiful bow to finish off the wrapping of a special gift, or a cherry to the top of an ice cream sundae – there are ways to take your home renovation from ordinary to extraordinary with the introduction of certain luxury elements and design accents. Highlight Home Restoration – the design/build renovations division of Highlight Homes, LLC – has compiled the following list of upscale additions that will add a “touch of class” to virtually any home improvement project:
- The Sky’s the Limit – Adding a trey ceiling not only gives the impression of more headroom and a “loftier space”, but it also adds an opulent feel to any room. If your ceilings are already at heights above 9 and 10 feet, you may want to add coffers to give the ceiling more character and dimension.
- A Room With All the Trimmings – A category that can spans the spectrum from inexpensive to costly is decorative trim. From chair rails to baseboards to crown molding, the introduction of any of these elements to a sheet rocked room instantly transforms it from a basic box to a future study, library, dining room, any room you like. You can also experiment with different color combinations between your wall color and trim color based on your decorative style.
- Your Windows to the World – If adding an addition or closing off a space, windows and doors will play a vital role to the overall charm of the room. French doors, transoms and stained glass have always served to up the ante from basic builder-grade window and doors. This is an area where you can have some fun with shapes, too – making that new casement bay window with box seat the centerpiece of your room.
- Bottoms UP! – When finishing your basement, you are effectively adding a floor to your home. Instead of being a dank, dark space where moving boxes, old toys, broken appliances and spiders converge – you can transform this space to fit your family’s needs. If entertainment is what you have in mind, consider adding a wetbar as well as a media room for watching movies or the BIG GAME. Transform those ugly, but absolutely necessary support posts into graceful columns.
- Pay Close Attention to the Selection of Materials – When planning a home renovation, there are certain high-end materials that convey a sense of luxury and refinement. Items such as granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, Brazilian cherry hardwood floors, glazed maple cabinetry, ceramic and marble tiles, natural stone, polished nickel door knobs and drawer pulls, trendy to classic paint colors and ornate lighting fixtures can all serve to enhance the room you are renovating. In some instances, they may even MAKE the room. A very well-connected architect or building contractor may be able to find these elements at significant discounts.
- Make Sure You Cross That Finish Line – In order to finish off your room in a manner that befits the luxury elements you’ve assembled therein, you’ll want to do your homework by thumbing through interior design books and magazines, watching lots of interior design shows or hiring a gifted interior designer. With more than 20 years in the Southeast’s design and build industry, the friendly folks at Highlight Home Restorations are happy to point you in the right direction. A really good interior designer can help you pull all of the final pieces of the puzzle together – furniture, rugs, accessories, lamps, throw pillows, artwork and more.
Did you know that many aristocratic early settlers to the New World tried to convey a feeling of luxury in their homes, as well? Short on high-end materials like marble, they would commission an artist to paint their wood mantles to LOOK like marble. Today, an imaginative and talented designer-builder can help you create a space that exudes elegance without breaking your budget. Highlight Home Restoration is proud to be among those that make up the “imaginative and talented” category! Infusing special luxury touches into our designs is just one of our many hallmarks. To begin your home renovation with a “touch of class” contact Highlight Home Restoration TODAY by calling 678-828-9234. You can also reach our talented team of designers and builders by e-mailing us at email@example.com or filling out our online contact form.