Before we began building a solid reputation as Atlanta’s premier luxury home remodelers, Highlight Homes was perhaps best known for our signature brand of custom homes
June is National Home Ownership Month! While it has long been a cornerstone of the American Dream, home ownership has gotten a bad rap in recent years due to a lagging economy and struggling housing market. While many homeowners are opting to stay put and remodel their current home, first time buyers or those seeking an entirely new view from their kitchen window may want to consider a custom home, designed and constructed by the talented team at Highlight Homes.
While many existing homes can be found for a steal, they often require expensive renovations to make them seem more like “home sweet home”. A positive aftereffect of the housing crash is that land is also available at rock bottom prices. Imagine finding the ideal lot, and then designing and building the home of your dreams! Highlight Homes makes that possible. Here are a handful of steps to help you get started:
- Step #1 is as easy as picking up the phone or reaching out over the internet. Simply contact Highlight Homes by calling 678-873-9234, e-mailing NKinfo@highlighthomesga.com, or filling out our convenient online contact form. We will schedule a meeting to discuss your wants and needs, as well as budgetary restrictions.
- If you already own land on which to begin construction of your new custom home, the exciting design phase can begin immediately. In the event that you haven’t found your ideal home site, Highlight Homes can help you find the perfect lot on which to begin building your home.
- While we begin our quest for your new home site, you can begin putting together a special scrapbook of many of the elements you wish to incorporate in your dream home. Pour through home décor magazines, search the internet, draw your own renderings, snap photos of other homes around town, etc…
- Once we’ve found the perfect lot, a Highlight Homes’ architect will schedule another meeting to sit down with you to look through your scrapbook, learn about your family, and develop a strong sense of what you are hoping for from your new home.
- He will then take this knowledge back to his drafting table to develop truly distinctive house plans custom made to fit your family. From mom’s wish to have a laundry room upstairs, to dad’s wish to have a home office with built-in bookcases, to each child’s wish to have spaces that feel all their own – your family’s “wish list” is our command.
- When you approve of the blueprints for your custom home, an estimate of construction costs will be developed and – once approved – construction can begin. Our talented team of designers and builders will work closely with you throughout every step of your custom home project to make sure your visions and wishes are being met.
- Highlight Homes will take care of the acquisition of the necessary permits and the execution of inspections so that the construction phase goes smoothly from start to finish.
- Depending on the size and scope of your custom home, once the permits are obtained the construction phase could take anywhere from 6 to 12 months to complete. We have a solid reputation for finishing on-time and on-budget, and – more importantly – for exceeding expectations in every project we undertake.
- Final Walk-through and Closing – A Highlight Homes’ construction supervisor will accompany you through your new home to complete a punch list of any remaining items that need to be addressed within seven days of closing. Highlight Homes also extends a 2-10 warranty on your home from the moment the sale closes.
- You and your family can begin moving into the home of your dreams and start making memories right away.
Highlight Homes welcomes the opportunity to celebrate National Home Ownership Month with you by becoming your family’s custom homebuilder. We look forward to hearing from you soon! To learn more about us and view our online portfolio, please visit us online at www.highlighthomesga.com.