The start of the New Year is an exciting time for us all. People all across the nation take a long, hard look at themselves in the mirror (and on the scale) and begin making plans for personal improvement over the course of the next 12 months. It’s a time of hope and great promise. The same holds true for the home renovation industry. By now, many experts have unveiled their predictions of the top trends over the coming year. Here at Highlight Homes, we’ve done our research and are proud to reveal our picks for the top 5 Home Design Trends for 2014!
1) Singing the Blues: Although we recently announced that Pantone – the global authority on color for the design industries – unveiled Radiant Orchid as its 2014 Color of the Year, designers everywhere are proclaiming a wide range of blues to be the “it” colors for the year. Navy and turquoise, in particular, both seem to be stealing the spotlight.
2) Go for Glam: We saw a bit of this in 2013, but expect to see more of a elegance explosion throughout 2014. A throwback to the roaring 20’s and the golden age of Hollywood, design takes on a sophisticated look that embraces a bold blend of vintage décor, metallic accessories, distinctive light fixtures, floral prints and luxury fabrics. We expect to see homeowners embrace glam in every room of the house – including the kitchen.
3) Let’s Take This Outside: According to Michael Boodro – esteemed Editor-in-Chief for Elle Décor – the line between interior and exterior living spaces gets beautifully blurred thanks to stunning strides made in the design of outdoor fabrics and furniture. This is – without a doubt – one of our favorite trends for 2014. The Highlight Homes design-build team loves creating one-of-a-kind outdoor living spaces that reflect the unique personalities of our clients. Let’s face it, most months – Atlanta climates are ideal for entertaining al fresco.
4) It’s a Renovation Rumble!: Atlanta Home Improvement Magazine unveils an epic battle between two living spaces for top spot to remodel in 2014. In one corner, we have the bathroom – where we continue to see a trend in spa influences, decked out shower stalls and free-standing tubs continue. In the other corner stands the kitchen, which continues to evolve in exciting ways – from painted cabinets and brass fixtures to distinctive countertops and new trends in appliances. According to a recent study by Hanley Wood, 61% of remodelers polled view the kitchen as one of the hottest renovation opportunities among clients, while 58% view the bathroom as another contender for the hot spot in renovation opportunities for the coming year. We say, WHY DECIDE? Highlight Homes can help you renovate BOTH.
5) Flex Your Living Space Muscle: More and more homeowners are looking for living spaces that serve more than one purpose – e.g. a media room or home office that can comfortably convert to a guest bedroom in a pinch or guest quarters that can one day serve as a functional living space for aging parents. It’s wise to not tie a room down to just one purpose, and Highlight Homes can help you explore all of the possibilities and solutions for a wide range of uses, i.e. a bookcase that converts easily into a Murphy bed.
To explore these trends with our designers – or toss in a few of your own favorite trends for 2014 – we welcome your call at 678-873-9234 or e-mails at email@example.com. If you’d like to peruse our online portfolio and view our list of services for clients in and around the Metro Atlanta area, please visit us at www.highlighthomesga.com.
Sign a contract* with Highlight Homes by January 31, 2014 to receive a $500 gift certificate to the vendor of your choice: Home Depot, Lowes, or Bed Bath & Beyond!
* Offer Expires 1/31/14. Good for Renovation Contracts of $10,000 or more. Must mention offer at time of consultation/signing of contract in order to receive gift certificate. Highlight Homes is not affiliated with Home Depot, Lowes or Bed, Bath & Beyond.