A Well-Designed Room Addition Could Increase Your Family’s Enjoyment of Your Home
Less is not always more. Sometimes, less is… well, less. As the holidays approach and the rooms of your home are filled to overflowing with house guests, you may begin to notice that your house is a little more cramped than you realized. Once the Christmas tree has been taken to the chipper, the decorations have all gone back into storage, and the holiday visitors have all waved goodbye – take a good look around to determine if your home is the right size and shape for your family. If the answer is no, a well-designed, beautifully constructed room addition might be in order in 2012.
Highlight Homes offers a unique advantage to its room addition clients. Thanks to our solid understanding of architecture and structural engineering, we can imagine possibilities that many homeowners may not have considered. Based upon your family’s individual needs, we can shift your existing layout to maximize the flow of your home to accommodate a new living space. While we can take your vision to new heights with our design expertise and quality construction, every project begins with your inspiration. Rather than approaching the project from the perspective of solely meeting a “need” – basically, to increase the size of the interior of your home – instead change the way you view this project to the equally important angle of meeting a “want”. In other words, what do you want this room addition to BE?
Room Addition Ideas:
- Mudroom – if you have a particular fondness for gardening, the addition of a sprawling mudroom – complete with lots of windows for light, built-in planter’s bench, wet sink, plenty of cabinets for storage, and mud friendly floors – might be the perfect addition to your home.
- Sunroom – if you desire a four-season space that allows you to enjoy the beauty of the outdoors, no matter the temperature outside – a sunroom could add a great deal of enjoyment to your home and makes a great space for relaxing with a good book or entertaining guests.
- Playroom – if you have young children in the home, a playroom is an absolute necessity. Move the kids from the guest room and into a colorful space of their very own. Playrooms can be designed with lots of storage and kid-friendly flooring for easy clean-up, as well as a one-of-a-kind play fort in the corner. The kids in the neighborhood will consider your home the coolest hangout in town.
- Pool cabana – if you have a pool in the backyard, a room addition that incorporates a pool cabana theme could be a fun and functional spin on the traditional sunroom. Flooring that won’t become warped by wet feet, decorative windows overlooking the pool, and a small dressing chamber for slipping out of swimsuits makes the transition to and from the outdoors relatively seamless – protecting the remaining interior of your home.
- Home Theater – carefully laid out and with a minimum of windows to let in light, a home theatre designed to accommodate movie lovers or sports enthusiasts has become an increasingly popular addition to homes in recent years.
- Enclosed Terrace or Screened Porch – if your family enjoys spending time outdoors, an open-air addition surrounded by columns and roof overhead or completely enclosed by screens will extend your enjoyment to include peaceful, rainy days. Imagine the wonderful al fresco dinner parties you could host here, especially if you choose to incorporate a outdoor hearth!
- Keeping Room – Speaking of hearths, a keeping room is typically added as an extension off of the kitchen area where the fireplace is the centerpiece. It’s a wonderful gathering space to catch up on the day’s events, play games, or relax in front of a roaring fire. Add a flat-screen over the hearth surrounded by cozy couches and it may well become your favorite room of the house.
These are just a handful of ideas to help you get started. And we haven’t even covered craft studio, in-law suite, or man cave – not to mention any incredible concepts you may dream up on your own. We can’t WAIT to hear what you plan to do with your room addition, and most importantly, we can’t WAIT to make your vision a reality. With more and more families making the choice to stay in their homes longer, a room addition is a wise and viable option to packing up and moving into a larger home. Getting started is as easy as contacting the talented design-build team at Highlight Homes TODAY. We can be reached by calling 678-873-9234, by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by filling out our convenient online contact form. We look forward to hearing from you soon!