Requests for Dual Master Suites Growing
At Highlight Homes, we’re accustomed to taking unusual requests. We welcome them, actually. Our team of designers and craftsman understand that every renovation we complete is a reflection of a homeowner’s needs, dreams, and unique personality. A man cave made to replicate an old English pub, a master bathroom that is reminiscent of a European spa, a sprawling kitchen makeover that would make a professional chef weep with joy – no problem!
One of the unusual requests we’ve been receiving lately is quickly becoming a new standard – dual master suites. These spaces often consist of spacious quarters with plenty of closet space and an attached bathroom. Some reasons for this rise in dual master suites requests include:
- Friends who wish to co-own a home – think of roommates who are all grown up, ready to move out of the city and into the suburbs.
- Rising trend toward moving aging parents into the home with their grown children – a spacious bedroom honors them and gives them a place they are proud to call home.
- The desire to truly be the “hostess with the mostest” – easily accomplished when providing sleeping quarters that match your own in space and décor.
- Some couples may choose to “keep the love alive” by providing a separate bedroom for the spouse who may have an issue with snoring and doesn’t want his/her better half to be denied a good night’s sleep.
- On occasion, a secondary master suite is utilized for a spouse or family member who is combating a terminal illness.
The good news about this rising trend is that this addition could very well add value to your home when it comes time to sell. According to Remodeling Magazine’s 2011-2012 Cost vs. Value Report, the recouped costs associated with addition of an attic bedroom could be as high as 72.5% and a master suite addition could be somewhere in the neighborhood of 60%.
If you’d like to discuss the addition of another master bedroom suite to your home, contact Highlight Homes’ talented design-build team for a no obligation consultation. We can be reached via e-mail at email@example.com, by phone at 678.873.9234, or through our convenient online contact form. To learn more about Highlight Homes, view a complete list of services we provide, and sneak a peek at our online portfolio, we invite you to visit us online!
Image credit: BLUE BEDROOM © Colleen Coombe | Dreamstime.com
Cite: “Cost vs. Value Report 2011-2012” Remodeling Magazine. http://www.remodeling.hw.net/2011/costvsvalue/national.aspx. (online, 9/27/12).