- Contact Highlight Homes: Step #1 is as easy as picking up the phone or reaching out over the internet. Simply contact Highlight Homes by calling 678-873-9234, e-mailing email@example.com, or filling out our convenient online contact form. We will schedule a meeting to discuss your wants and needs, as well as budgetary restrictions.
- Choosing Your Home Site: If you already own land on which to begin construction of your new custom home, the exciting design phase can begin immediately. In the event that you haven’t found your ideal home site, Highlight Homes can help you find the perfect lot on which to begin building your home.
- Building Your Dream Book: While we begin our quest for your new home site, you can begin putting together a special scrapbook of many of the elements you wish to incorporate in your dream home. Pour through home décor magazines, search the internet, draw your own renderings, snap photos of other homes around town, etc…
- Meeting with the Architect: Once we’ve found the perfect lot, a Highlight Homes’ architect will schedule another meeting to sit down with you to look through your scrapbook, learn about your family, and develop a strong sense of what you are hoping for from your new home.
- Designing Your Home: The architect will then take this knowledge back to his drafting table to develop truly distinctive house plans custom made to fit your family. From mom’s wish to have a laundry room upstairs, to dad’s wish to have a home office with built-in bookcases, to each child’s wish to have spaces that feel all their own – your family’s “wishlist” is our command.
- Approval of Blueprints and Estimate: When you approve of the blueprints for your custom home, an estimate of construction costs will be developed and – once approved – construction can begin. Our talented team of designers and builders will work closely with you throughout every step of your custom home project to make sure your visions and wishes are being met.
- Acquisition of Permits and Inspections: Highlight Homes will take care of the acquisition of the necessary permits and the execution of inspections so that the construction phase goes smoothly from start to finish.
- Construction Phase: Depending on the size and scope of your custom home, once the permits are obtained the construction phase could take anywhere from 6 to 12 months to complete. We have a solid reputation for finishing on-time and on-budget, and – more importantly – for exceeding expectations in every project we undertake. All along the way, you will have direct access to Highlight Homes through our client portal where you can check the timeline and issue any requested change orders.
- Final Walk-through: A Highlight Homes’ construction supervisor will accompany you through your new home to complete a punch list of any remaining items that need to be addressed within seven days of closing. Highlight Homes also extends a 2-10 warranty on your home from the moment the sale closes.
- Closing and Moving Day: Once the purchase of your home has been completed, you and your family can begin moving into the home of your dreams and start making memories right away.
Highlight Homes welcomes the opportunity to become your family’s custom homebuilder. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Ten Steps to Making Your Dream Home a Reality